"NEVER Again in Waco"
is the campaign to block Planned Parenthood from restarting abortion in Waco. PP has obtain
a Texas abortion license to again "serve" women through dozens of Central Texas counties.
The building project at 700 W. HWY 6 may be the eventual location of the abortion center.
Click here for a one-page PDF file on the whole NEVER Again in Waco controversy and campaign.
This is a full-page ad in Waco Tribune-Herald 26Feb2017.
For bigger click here.
PP in Waco is under the management of Planned Parenthood of Greater Texas (PPGT)
Planned Parenthood in Waco does not have affiliate status within Planned Parenthood Federation of America. Planned Parenthood in Waco is under the direction of Planned Parenthood of Greater Texas. PPGT is one of three PP affiliates in Texas. The others are PP of South Texas and PP of the Gulf Coast. Planned Parenthood in Waco became part of PPGT as a result of a merger in 2010. Planned Parenthood of Greater Texas ranges from Austin to Dallas and Fort Worth and out to Tyler. Currently, Planned Parenthood Waco does not commit surgical or chemical abortions. Rather the center in Waco refers clients for abortions carried out by Planned Parenthood in Austin, Dallas, and Fort Worth. If Planned Parenthood occupies a new facility in Waco, the shedding of innocent blood could resume.
History of Abortion in Waco
Planned Parenthood is responsible for the deaths of over 19,000 pre-born boys and girls in Waco. The killing began in January of 1994 at 1927 Columbus Avenue after an extended public controversy over opening a PP abortion center in Waco.
Planned Parenthood in Waco had operated a birth control etc. center since 1935. From 1994 to 2000, Planned Parenthood destroyed pre-born babies through surgical abortions. In 2001, PP in Waco added the chemical abortion method known as RU-486. This type of abortion uses two pharmaceuticals. One causes a breakdown of the lining of the mother's uterus. A second drug causes contractions to expel the dead baby from the mother.
A big change occurred in December of 2011. The Columbus Avenue abortion center was closed and the abortion business was shifted to the sole remaining Planned Parenthood facility at 1121 Ross Avenue. In August of 2013, Planned Parenthood stopped performing abortions, but continued "everything else" at Ross Avenue.
With its new abortion license, Planned Parenthood is likely to resume abortions at 1121 Ross Avenue and then possibly shift to a new clinic at the completion of the project at 700 W. HWY 6 after its completion in late spring or early summer.