Pro-life outreach next door to abortuary helps bring and end to Waco abortion.
On June 2, 2011, Pro-Life Waco launched Hope House next door to the Columbus Avenue abortion facility and rocked the world of Planned Parenthood Waco. The abortuary was 1927 Columbus Avenue. Hope House was 1925 Columbus Ave. The Waco Tribune-Herald and all for local television news divisions covered the grand opening of Hope House with positive stories.
The visual display of about 70 pro-lifers including many children was splendid. At our news conference, three women gave powerful testimonies of their experiences with abortion. The news conference ended with the moving personal testimony about an abortion committed by Planned Parenthood soon after this devastating business was opened in January of 1994.
A benefactor arranged the lease and paid the rent on Hope House. Subsequently, the house was purchased by young couple with the intention of using its for pro-life outreach.
In December 2011, the Columbus Avenue abortion facility was closed. And the Planned Parenthood's baby killing operation was moved under one roof with its birth control clinic at 1121 Ross Ave.
In August 2013, Planned Parenthood suspended its Ross Avenue abortion business pending the final judicial decisions on the Texas HB2 abortion regulation law.