Monthly Pharmacy Outreach Launched in Waco (March 2023)
CVS & Walgreens have accepted the Biden offer to sell baby-killing prescription drugs!
Here are some goals and impacts of Pharmacy outreach and Public Square Outreach in general.
1. Our central goal in Waco is to do our part to bring financial and public image losses to CVS (and Walgreens). This is a public awareness campaign to let the Central Texas community know that CVS and Walgreens have signed on nationally to join the American abortion industry. They will do this by filling prescriptions mifepristone, which can be used as a baby-killing chemical. #ProtestCVS delivers a modest financial setback and a public image problem for the CVS pharmacy at 601 N Valley Mills Drive and CVS and Walgreen in the Waco area.
2. The impact on the pharmacy industry outside of CVS and Walgreens. This is the biggest deal for the near term. Our goal is to create an incentive for pharmacy chains that are on the sidelines to remain on the sidelines. I Waco Walmart and HEB Supermarkets. If pharmacy protests spread nationwide, management in other chains will decide they want to stay out of this controversy. This will give CVS and Walgreens customers high quality options for their pharmacy and non-pharmacy business. We must keep Walmart on the sideline!
#1 and #2 are the direct goals of #ProtestCVS. However, there is much more. The broader impacts may be just as important as the more obvious direct impact. That is why, over the years, Pro-Life Waco has been eager to engage protest of business which openly support abortion.
3. Pharmacy protests give the pro-life movement a excellent opportunity to educate the general public (not just the pro-life choir) about the awful reality of chemical abortions. We distribute the flier “What is Medication Abortion? (from 40 Days for Life).
4. Additionally, every #ProtestCVS (or #ProtestWalgreens) sends a powerful message to the broader business community. The message is: Involvement in the abortion industry can become a financial and public relations nightmare.
(In 2018, PLW protested in front of WACOAN Magazine three month in a row, after the magazine printed an ad promoting the grand opening of a new Planned Parenthood center. Yes, WACOAN capitulated and agreed to decline all future Planned Parenthood ads. At least as important, thousands of business managers saw and thought it would not be good for their business to face a similar protest.)
5. We are the pro-life media! Pro-life does not get anything close to fair coverage in the mainstream media. #ProtestCVS is an opportunity to educate the public. Thousand see us from vehicles and receive the message that they have neighbors of deeply care about the abomination of abortion. We distribute fliers at each outreach. Education and conversation opportunities are substantial. We handle ourselves in a dignified, yet powerful way—not the way we are portrayed in the press.
6. #ProtestCVS is an encouragement to the pro-life silent majority. The response of honking and thumbs up are substantial. Some pull into the parking lot to thank us. We pray and invite so some in the silent majority will be noisy.
7. #ProtestCVS can trigger pro-life activism. #ProtestCVS can be an entry way for new pro-life foot soldiers who are so needed in the post-Roe era.
8. #ProtestCVS be a memorable family activity. Let your children, grandchildren and siblings catch you in the act of pro-life discipleship. A photo of your family at #ProtestCVS is a wonderful keepsake.
Considering all of the above, success in each #ProtestCVS is 100% assured. There may be degrees of success. However, failure is impossible.